Watch out for Mogi!

Issue not resolved

Mogi misrepresents its coverage over the phone. Says towing is completely covered (it's not); car rental completely covered (it's not).

And on and on. Once you get the paperwork, it's too late. They won't let you cancel. There is also a $100 deductible they don't mention on the phone. My MC is still working on the problem, since transaction was done over the phone.

Big rip off! Stay away from this company. They also change their name and web site every other day. No response to correspondence. Please stay away from them. Very bad news.

c3a6f87 review #151341
2 Helpful? 0
Had the same issue0 Comments196 Report
Had an experience with MOGI?  Submit review about this company
Carlo

Apr 02, 2012

I had Mogi for 42 days which is twelve days after their 30 probation they have set. To make the long story short. They didn't want to for my repair

jazzybabby

Mar 07, 2012

:cry MOGI IS A RIP OFF SIMPLE AS THAT :cry

They'll leave yu looking like this :zzz :zzz :zzz :upset :eek :upset :eek :sigh :( :cry

Lorenzo Baines

Nov 04, 2011

Oh my God! I have Mogi coverage for my vehicle which just went over a 100,000 miles.I've never used this coverage & I am mortified to read these horror stories about Mogi's pitiful business practices!How can I get my money back? Is there a class action suit I can be part of? Please help!!!

Lorenzo Baines

Nov 04, 2011

Tonya Paige

Oct 14, 2011

I am trying to get a refund, and I just found out that Mogi is no longer in business.
read this:Good Afternoon Tonya,

After executive management has reviewed this situation with your cancellation refund it was determined that Mogi is responsible for issuing your refund.

We processed the cancellation and refunded the lien holder for your contract (Warranty Finance). Since Mogi is the company that received funding for this contract they would be the ones to issue the refund.

Since you have already been in contact with Jeremy and Nick at Mogi they should be able to assist you.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Rebecca Webster
Administrative Coordinator
United Car Care, Inc.
P. O. Box 3988
Greenwood Village, CO 80155
1.800.571.6412
rwebster@unitedcarcare.com

United Car Care, Inc. Celebrating 25 years in business.

NOW THEY CAN'T HELP ME, ALL I WANT IS MY MONEY BACK FROM WHAT I PAID ON THE WARRANTY. OUR CAR WAS HIT BY A DRUNK DRIVER AND TOTALED, AND THEY OWE ME A LITTLE OVER $400.00
WHO ELSE CAN WE CONTACT, THIS IS TERRIBLE.

WA CUSTOMER

Oct 11, 2011

I BOUGHT MOGI AS WELL. THEY DIDN'T COVER MY REPAIRS AS STATED UNDER THE COVERED PARTS LIST. EVERY NUMBER I HAVE TRIED ASK FOR EXTENTION. THIS WAS A RIP OFF!!! I WILL BE GETTING A LAWYER TO FILE A LAW SUIT!!!1

WA CUSTOMER

Oct 11, 2011

mimi

Jul 21, 2011

Could you tell me how to contact MOGI? I call 888-596-6644 It is always busy.

Debbie

Jul 11, 2011

The transmission went out in our Durango. Mogi would not cover it because the internal part (again located in the transmission) was not a lubricated part. The transducer causes the transmission to fail. BTW if you do not have every receipt for every oil change they will also deny all claims.

Javier Perez

Jul 05, 2011

STAY AWAY FROM THEM IF YOU VALUE YOUR HARD EARN MONEY!!!!

Over a year and a half ago I purchase (all in one shot $2200) warranty policy from them called the UPP. Was supposed to be the best they have so without hesitation I bought it to protect my car. It would cover me completely for 100000 miles on top of the 60000 that I already had. Well, after 14000 additional miles problem surface and took the car to the shop to get it fix and had them called Mogi (800-579-2233) And they denied the claim!!!! It was clearly stated as a "COVERED" part and they gave me and the Master Tech a HUGE RUN AROUND with ending result of NO COVERAGE!!! After contacting them and asking for help and explaining my situation in detail, I also got a MAJOR ATTITUDE FROM THE STAFF MEMBER "Sandy" which she wouldn't let me talk or explain further my situation and would try to dismiss my call with irrelevant small talk!! BOTTOM LINE they did not pay NOR ASSIST IN THE CLAIM, and when I mention to refund the "unused" 86000 miles in my policy they pretty much laugh at me and told me "we will mail you the cancelation letter" with a funny remark at the end!
PLEASE, PLEASE, STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUYS!!! We all work hard for our money and buy policies like this to protect our investments but SERIOUSLY this people SHOULD NOT CONTINUE TO STAY IN BUSINESS!!!
If you are unfortunately still dealing with them I want to wish you luck (better than mine) and pray for your peaceful resolution.... Show more

bobo

Jun 11, 2011

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry ... Show more

dane

Jun 07, 2011

i have been calling to talk to someone an has not got an answer all i get is a busy phone. i think MOGI is a rip off. :(

Michael Gonzalez

Jun 06, 2011

Just talked with someone and they said mogi no longer around and of course gave me the run arounds with no solution. Heading to the bank to cancel automated withdrawal form them. (MOGI)

Michael Gonzalez

Jun 06, 2011

I would like to join in on a class action suit. I have been paying a monthly payment since 11/16/2009 and have not filed a claims until now but can't get a hold of no one now that i need them. This is so fustrating.

Kat Neely

May 26, 2011

:( I was scammed for sure. The are nothing but a ripoff. Don't buy. They spent more on a guy to come and look at my vehicle then it would have cost to fix. Looking for a class action suit to join. Talking to an attorney now. I am so mad.

kenny

May 18, 2011

1-888-294-1182 is the number i called today and talked to mogi wow this is incredible how horrible this company is i have had them for a year now and never had to submit a claim but now im happy i didnt but on the other hand i want my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tbone

May 15, 2011

all you need to do is file a lawsuit . they denied my repairs too , took them to court and they had to cover my repair and i claim other parts that was not covered :grin . they do this beccause they think you not going to waste your time in court.

TCK

Apr 11, 2011

Yep I was scammed too. Still waiting form my refund. Ya right.

Brian

Apr 05, 2011

Wow holy *** I talked to mogi last week & I was really thinking about signing with them not after reading this site

David Pals

Mar 08, 2011

People,

Mogi sold you the policy, but there is an Administrator (American Guardian, Warranty America, others) who is ultimately responsible for providing repairs and, if you cancel, are responsible for the refund. Some of these companies are quite good, others may be crooks.

Look at your policy, see who the administrator is, and write or call them about your refund or repairs.

1-20 of 196 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.